Can't find the perfect computer modem to buy? Since we have already gone through the computer modem research process, we understand this problem.
In order to be able to offer you the best computer modem available on the market today, we have compiled a comprehensive computer modem list.
The best computer modem of 2021 is found after hours of research and using all the current models. See what we ranked below!
Our Editor’s Recommendation Best computer modem For 2021
|1||Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem | Pairs with...||$89.98||Buy on Amazon|
|2||NETGEAR Renewed C3700-100NAR C3700-NAR...||$80.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3||NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem (Renewed)||$179.99||Buy on Amazon|
|4||ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable...||$78.49||Buy on Amazon|
|5||ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1...||$153.05||Buy on Amazon|
|6||NETGEAR Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.1 (CM1000)...||$117.00||Buy on Amazon|
|7||Netgear Gigabit Cable Modem (32x8)...||$119.99||Buy on Amazon|
|8||ARRIS SURFboard SB6121 4x4 DOCSIS 3.0...||$38.77||Buy on Amazon|
|9||Motorola MG7700 Modem WiFi Router Combo...||$174.98||Buy on Amazon|
|10||Hitron CODA DOCSIS 3.1 Modem | Pairs...||$99.99||Buy on Amazon|
10 Best computer modem Reviews of 2021
- Model MB7621 is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 650 Mbps. Wirecutter rates this “the best modem for most people.” A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner ensures faster, more reliable Internet.
- This cable modem's 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to a WiFi router, computer, HDTV, game station, or streaming video device. Great for use with Whole Home WiFi or Mesh networks like eero, Google WiFi, and Orbi. (This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability. The Motorola MG7315, MG7540, MG7550, and MG7700 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service.Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, BrightHouse, CableOne, SuddenLink, RCN, and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MB7621 has no phone jack.)
- Setup is fast and easy using the quick start guide.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
- Netgear Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished to work and look as new with 90 Day Warranty and email support. All accessories are included with limited documentation and additional information online. Netgear recommends to udpate the firmware for the device to be up to date.
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem unleashes 8x faster download speeds up to 340 Mbps faster, smoother WiFi, and works with all major cable Internet providers (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- Certified to work with Cable Internet Providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- 8x4 channel bonding with Gigabit Ethernet Ports for fast wired, connections USB port to wirelessly share your hard drive.Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- "Netgear Refurbished product may have a removed serial number. You will need to state the product is refurbished (state the full part number) if emailing customer support. See the attached (image) flyer to obtain the Serial Number and MAC Address information that maybe needed by your Cable provider before contacting them."
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps. Easily setup your modem with the SURFboard Central app
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to a Wi-Fi router or other device.
- Cable internet service required. Does not inlcude Wi-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service.
- DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 2 Gbps. Note, a 2nd IP address is required from your cable internet provider to reach 2 Gbps.
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3 0 bonded channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
- Two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- Cable internet service required; Does not inlcude Wi-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for WiFi.
- DOCSIS 3.1 up to 10X faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3.0. DOCSIS 3.1 is OFDM 2x2 plus DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 channel bonding
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to dollar 120 per year;32 downstream and 8 upstream channels for DOCSIS 3.0 connection
- Not compatible with: Verizon, ATandT, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Cox, Mediacom Cable, and more.
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for Wi-Fi
- Docsis 3. 1 up to 10x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3. 0. Docsis 3. 1 is OFDM 2x2+ DOCSIS 3. 0 32x8 channel bonding
- Eliminate monthly cable Modem rental fees - up to $156 per year. Meets DOCSIS 3. 1 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3. 0 networks
- System Requirements- Cable broadband Internet service, Please check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility and to ensure it provides DOCSIS 3.1 service, otherwise this modem will only work as a DOCSIS 3.0 modem,Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- CM1000-1AZNAS is not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with cable bundled voice services
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty. IMPORTANT NOTEL: A few units might show the brand as Motorola (and not Arris) as Arris had acquired Motorola for 2 years; hence it will be the same product and the same model
- Requires CABLE Internet Service, if not sure your provider is CABLE call them to confirm. Does NOT work with Charter cable provider.
- Compatible with MOST Major CABLE providers like Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, Time Warner, Mediacom, Bright House.
- Wired modem only, does NOT include WIFI Router or VOIP Telephone adapter. Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to computer or Router for fast downloads.
- Internet download speeds up to 172 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps based on your Cable provider service. Good for streaming Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time.
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
- 10x FASTER SPEEDS than DOCSIS 3.0. This DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem is best for Cable Internet Speeds Plans up to 2 Gbps. Note: 2nd IP Address is required from your Cable Internet Service Provider to reach 2 Gbps.
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER or WIFI MESH: Pair with a WiFi Router with this 3.1 DOCSIS Modem to connect all of your WiFi devices to the Internet. This cable internet modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router.
- STOP RENTING & START SAVING - This internet modem replaces your leased docsis 3.1 modem so you can say Good-bye to equipment rental fees and save up to $168/yr. (Savings shown for Comcast Xfinity and can vary.)
- CERTIFIED to work with Comcast Xfinity, Charter Spectrum, Cox Gigablast, CableOne Sparklight and Zito Media. Not compatible with AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, DSL Providers, DISH, DirecTV and any bundled voice service.
- BUILT FOR PERFORMANCE and RELIABILITY. Hitron brings over 30 years of experience to your home and is a worldwide leader in DOCSIS computer networking modems and routers.
How Do You Buy The Top 10 Best Computer Modem – Our Top Pick's?
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for a great computer modem? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because we’ve already gone through the whole process of researching computer modem, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest computer modem available in the current market. We’ve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself.
Huts Frankand Angies has done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but it’s still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for computer modem that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an computer modem?
- What benefits are there with buying an computer modem?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective computer modem?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any computer modem, much less the best one?
- Which computer modem are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about computer modem?
We’re convinced that you likely have far more questions than just these regarding computer modem, and the only real way to satisfy your need for knowledge is to get information from as many reputable online sources as you possibly can.
Potential sources can include buying guides for computer modem, rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials, online forums, and product reviews. Thorough and mindful research is crucial to making sure you get your hands on the best-possible computer modem. Make sure that you are only using trustworthy and credible websites and sources.
Huts Frankand Angies provides an computer modem buying guide, and the information is totally objective and authentic. We employ both AI and big data in proofreading the collected information. How did we create this buying guide? We did it using a custom-created selection of algorithms that lets us manifest a top-10 list of the best available computer modem currently available on the market.
This technology we use to assemble our list depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Brand Value: Every brand of computer modem has a value all its own. Most brands offer some sort of unique selling proposition that’s supposed to bring something different to the table than their competitors.
- Features: What bells and whistles matter for an computer modem?
- Specifications: How powerful they are can be measured.
- Product Value: This simply is how much bang for the buck you get from your computer modem.
- Customer Ratings: Number ratings grade computer modem objectively.
- Customer Reviews: Closely related to ratings, these paragraphs give you first-hand and detailed information from real-world users about their computer modem.
- Product Quality: You don’t always get what you pay for with an computer modem, sometimes less, and sometimes more.
- Product Reliability: How sturdy and durable an computer modem is should be an indication of how long it will work out for you.
Huts Frankand Angies always remembers that maintaining computer modem information to stay current is a top priority, which is why we are constantly updating our websites. Learn more about us using online sources.
If you think that anything we present here regarding computer modem is irrelevant, incorrect, misleading, or erroneous, then please let us know promptly!